Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Together

 
The last few weeks have been hard on our little community.  Sadness creeps in and grief seems to overcome us to the point where we can't seem to think, or move, or even pray.  We are overwhelmed.
But somehow, someway, we emerge from this dark cloud of tears.  The mornings bloom bright and clear.  The sun rises.  We ask for help for the days and weeks and months ahead.  Sorrow lessens with  time.  But it never ever leaves us.  There is an emptiness that comes back to us with each memory.  Each smile.  Each hug. 
Why?  Why?  The never ending questions are always there.  Perhaps if...?  What could I have done differently...?  It is the nature of our world that we will always ponder these things.  We don't know why.  We don't know how come. 
But I know one thing.  We need to hold on to each other with a tight love that never lets go.  We need to smile more.  We need to forgive more.  We need to keep each other in constant prayer.  We need to put aside our differences and really listen to what others say, even if it is not out loud.  Haven't you ever had that inner prompt?  It says I should go and see that person.  I really need to make a phone call.  My heart tells me that my friend is hurting.  I need to help.
My prayer is that we will live through this rough time.  That we will learn from this experience just how precious we are to each other.
Hug.  Hold.  Love. 
There is nothing better you can do for those who are hurting.  And you will be a better person for it. 

2 comments:

  1. Well said, Jane. It's the one thing we can really take from the experiences we've just had -- to be there for folks who need us.

    ReplyDelete