Wednesday, May 6, 2015

And in comes May....

Sunrise, sunset, noontide and evening.  Green hills clothed in new garments....soft wind blowing the growing leaves.  Mist in the valley.  Bird call at break of day.  Fresh scent of some exotic flower in the air.  What is it?  I search my memory and it finds a blank.  But I enjoy it anyway.  
Full moon lights the night and makes it look like day.  Driving down the road we shut off the headlights.  Can we see the road still?  No, but it is an eerie feeling to see the sky so bright and the earth so dark.
May has come to my hilltop home.  I revel in the beauty of the season.  Spring brings out the best in the Ozarks.  It is a reward for icy winter snows and frigid winds.  If you can make it through the winter, you get to experience Mother Nature in all her glory.
Turkeys are gobbling.  Fish are biting.  Gardens are being readied for planting.  And the constant mowing of grass.....that is the challenge.  It grows overnight.
But I'll not complain.  Each precious day is a jewel to take out and show off to the world.  See what I am blessed to be a part of?  And I promise myself to enjoy each day....for May has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment