Monday, January 16, 2017

Fog

This picture, of course, was not taken today.  The grass is far from green.  The trees are bare.  But, I am surrounded by a grey blanket of fog.  I take my early morning walk and it feels good to stretch my legs.  Rain, cold and other things have intervened and I have missed my daily exercise.  For too long.
I get cranky when I can't, or won't get out in the fresh air.  It is wonderful to walk the road and see what might be happening.  Nothing much up here on the hill.  I can hear the sound of a chainsaw...to the south and to the north.  Someone is busy.  
The birds are hunkered down in the bushes, waiting to fly out and grab a snack of seeds as soon as I pass by.  A few signs that some varmints have been out prowling last night.  And everything dull grey without a breath of wind to blow the cloud away.
I look up and see if I can imagine where the sun might be this time of day.  Nope. Not even a clue.  But it is mid-January.  Lots of grey days ahead I am sure.
I can feel the tension leaving my body as I trudge up and down the hill.  Nothing like some deep breathing to let all that bad stuff go.  In and out.  Swing my arms.  Sing a song.  Today it is I Know Who Holds Tomorrow.  One of my favorites.  
It may be grey outside.  But the sun is shining inside.  And that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment