Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Spring is stirring

I know.  I am getting ahead of the game here.  Spring just seems to be taking its time this year.  As it always does.
But.  Yes, the peepers are peeping.  It was amazing to hear them sounding off even when the temperature was below freezing.  I told Andy that I thought they are probably keeping themselves encouraged while the water is slowly turning to ice around them. They must know what they are doing.  Or not.  Who knows.

We saw four big turkey gobblers crossing our eastern field today.  They seemed huge.  Just strolling across the open spaces, not a care in the world.  Looking for hens I guess.  They need to look nonchalant and not too eager.  Attractive to the ladies, but not too bold.  Tis the season.
I keep looking for my spring flowers to jump up and yell at me.."Hey Sleepy Head..It's Spring."  Haven't heard them yet.  But the trees are budding out.  And the air seems lighter and softer.  Even the sharp late winter wind has lost some of its edge. 
Waiting. Waiting.  I can hear and see spring stirring here on the hill.  I just need to be patient.  And wait. 


No comments:

Post a Comment