Friday, July 5, 2013

July

July lies heavy on my hill.  Cooler nights and warm days have followed a period of humidity and heat.  And now the see-saw of the season is tilting back toward steamy and scalding again. 
I don't mind.  Just the pleasure of sitting here in the shade of my porch gives me such a feeling of peace and well-being.  Working out in the bright sun and then coming in to rest with a cool drink and a nibble of something sweet is enough to revive my sagging spirits.
How could I not love this place of mine?  Shadows fall across the far hills, throwing the valley into deep, dark emerald green.  Then the clouds pass by and suddenly bright light spotlights a single tree, where leaves move in unison with the sighing wind.
Precious time alone with my thoughts.  Far away my mind wanders and I can almost see what lies ahead.  But I do not want to go there.
I am content to sit here with half-closed eyes, savoring the sights and smells of July.  Deepening summer has come to my home.  And it is time to dream.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. I am so busy I haven't had time to really do a lot of blogging. Plus...I am searching for an ISP that will give me good service out there when we move. Quite the task! No one wants to extend their service that far. Really a challenge down here in the hills and hollows. Cell phones are tricky too. But, you know, sometimes that can be a good thing too. :-)

    ReplyDelete