Sunday, March 16, 2014

March Snow

Yes, they warned us.  They have been talking about it for a day or two.  'Saturday will be wonderful....warm and breezy.  But be ready.  Come Saturday night there will be a big change.  Wind, rain, more wind, more rain until noon and then the snow will begin to fall."
We listen.  We prepare.  Just another glitch in our count down to spring and green grass, lovely flowers and budding trees.
Another snow.  Another snow.  But this one is beautiful.  I took a nap this afternoon and when I woke up I looked out to see giant flakes of white blowing by my window.  I stood, mesmerized, watching the snow fall. 
There is still a sense of contentment that you feel when you see a late winter snowfall.  Yes, we are sick of winter.  Indeed, I have had enough of shoveling and burrowing into layers of coats and jackets just to go outside.  I have had my fill of putting up with the icy north wind.
But this evening, as the snow fell near twilight, I felt like a child, looking out on a magical scene.  The ground covered with white.  Tree branches rimmed with fluffy snow.  Peace on the hilltop.  And the snow falling, gently, gently to the ground.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment