Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Shirt Sleeve Weather

Finally the day we had all waited for arrived.  Yesterday was wonderful.  Today was equally as nice.  The sky in the morning was that true blue shade that you see only in the spring.  Setting out for my morning walk, I quickly shed the sweatshirt I was wearing.  The air was already warm and gentle, with just a hint of breeze.  Buzzards swooped lazily in the sky, dropping down low to survey the scene and then rising up on thermals to ascend higher and higher until they were just dots in the azure light. 
And not a cloud.  Not a cloud was seen, anywhere.  Just clear as glass air, without any hint of fluffy white.  Perfect.
What to do on a day like this?  Common sense said, "Get the rake.  Get the hoe. Do something useful."  But, I rarely listen to common sense.
Blithely I walked across the sun-kissed field, breathing in the scent of warm grass and wet earth.   And, for today, I walked in shirt-sleeves, soaking up the sunshine, feeling content, admiring the perfection that only this kind of day can bring. 
 
 

1 comment: