Sunday, July 13, 2014

Cold Water

Come down to the river.  Aren't we blessed with abundant cool water in our hottest of days?  There is nothing like jumping, or walking, or creeping into the fast flowing streams that dot our area here in the Real Ozarks.  We are so lucky to have  clean, running, cooling water.  But it IS cold.  Some of the rivers are warmer.  Other rivers are warmer in some places.  But for a refreshing dip on a smoldering hot summer day....the river, the creek, the pond is the place to be.
I love the feeling of icy freshness that I feel on my arms and legs and feet when I dip down into the water, until it comes up to my chin.  And wonder of wonders, I can see my feet down below.  Such a wonderful treat...clear, cold water to revive my spirit. 
Take your choice.  The Bryant with its tree lined banks and glassy pools,  The Norfork with its rocky rapids and meandering ways. Go to Warren.  Go to Bertha.  Go to Patrick.  Go to Dawt, or Hodgson, or any place where road or path meets the icy stream of cold, clear water.  Your skin will soon develop a frozen rind that only thaws when you take your towel and sit in the sun for a minute or two.  And then.....you'll take that dive again.  Into the cold water.

No comments:

Post a Comment