Monday, January 18, 2016

Satisfied

No, I didn't win the lottery.
But I did win a lottery of sorts.  
Life has a lot of choices.  Sometimes we win.  Sometimes we lose.  And all of the time we have to live with our choices...good and bad.  Sometimes life deals us a few wild cards that we really didn't expect.  Trite.  But true.
I am satisfied.  Not so much because I have had an easy life compared to many.  No.  Mostly because I make a choice each day when I wake up.  I can be joyful.  I can make the best of my situation.  I can add something of benefit to my world just for today.  Or I can mope around and make myself and others miserable.  Yes, that is an option I have chosen several..too be truthful...many times.
I put my energy into building up my world.  I am a work in progress.  And the older I get...the more it seems I need to improve.  But that is fine.
I put my wealth toward a goal that will reap me benefits long after I have left this world.
And that is why I am satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment