Thursday, February 11, 2016

Most of the time...he is right...

Most of you reading this know about my husband Andy.  We have been married nearly 49 years.  And I have come to the conclusion that-yes-most of the time he is right.
The picture above was taken one morning in October at Head of the Meadow Beach on Cape Cod.  We had wanted to experience sunrise on the ocean beach at least once during our stay. We made our way through the darkness to await the first glimmer of daylight, trying to orient ourselves as to what direction we needed to face.  If you have ever tried to get your bearings on an ocean beach, you know that it is not easy.  Especially when you are standing on a beach that seems to be facing the wrong direction and the whole world seems to be backwards and sideways.  Andy, in his wisdom made the arrow you see above, well before the light of day broke on the eastern horizon.  As we waited and I grumbled that I didn't think we would even be able to see anything since we were looking the wrong way, he was confident and as usual, didn't say a thing. 
And then it happened.  Not all at once. But gradually the sky began to light up on the horizon.  And lo and behold...there came the sun!  Beautiful.  I took picture after picture....waves painted with unbelievable colors and clouds lined with gold and red.  On our way back we came to the arrow he had made in the sand.  Andy just stood there, grinning.  Yes, most of the time he is right.  And I'm glad that I have had him with me for almost 49 years to remind me of that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment