Saturday, April 16, 2016

Ahhhhh....

Yes, yes, yes.  And again I say yes.  Spring has sprung.
The emerging beauty of our native wildflowers has always made waiting through winter bearable.  I take my camera with me most of the time and snap a picture here and there.  A few years ago I decided to make an album/journal of wildflowers with names and maybe a little sentence or two.  As with many things that I set out to do, it was harder than I imagined.  I took out my trusty Wildflowers of Missouri book and turned to the pages where I thought I might find the name and nature of several flowers that were unfamiliar to me.  I searched in the section of white flowers...then turned to red and pink thinking that they might be there.  I have been able to find some information, but some are very hard to find.  I love the names:  Spring Beauty, Dog Tooth Violet, Deptford Pink, Purple Flox, Pussytoes.  Needless to say, I gave up on this project and decided that I could enjoy looking at the flowers and taking pictures of them even if I don't know their names.
The best thing about the flowers of spring?  They make me smile when I see them  I always take time to examine the tender buds and appreciate the variation of color.  They almost seem painted with the smallest brush imaginable.  So if you don't find me at home these days you know where I'll be.  Down the hill, or up in the field, looking for the blossoms of spring.  Ahhhhh....



No comments:

Post a Comment