Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Lost...and found

Early this morning before the promised rain began to fall, I took my sturdy hoe and set out to get rid of some pesky thistles.  Just as I stepped out of the garage door I looked down and to my left.  There lying in the new grass were my car keys.   Thank you God is what I said as I brushed the months' long dirt from them, holding them up to show Andy
Sometime last year, probably during one of our hectic times getting ready for company or going on a trip, we lost our car keys.  Andy had them when he parked the car in the garage.  He didn't have them after he walked the short distance to our house.  We searched everywhere....in the car, in the garage, in the house, under the porch....anywhere they might have fallen.  We took the magnetic wand that we use to pick up nails and ran it all over the area where they might have fallen.  No luck.  No keys.  But, I did pray saying Lord please help us find these keys.  And He heard me.  Evidently His plan was to let the keys stay in their hiding place for several months.  In the meantime I had a new key made but I  really missed the handy-dandy fob that locks and unlocks the car and raises the trunk lid. Amazingly, it still works even after its exposure to fall rains and the cold of winter.
With a joyful heart I set out on my walk.  Swinging the hoe, I marveled at the may apples that are lining my fence row.  I smiled at the violets blooming under the cedar trees on my western boundary.
Singing in my heart thanksgiving to a God who hears prayer and answers it in His time and in His way.
But, there is a bonus to this story.  For several weeks Andy has been searching for some special paint brushes that he uses when he makes small pictures.  We have looked high and low.  And, I have been praying Dear God help us find these brushes.  Digging under my bed for some wrapping paper this afternoon I came across a small shoe box full of art supplies.  Opening up the top and lifting the paper inside I saw...yes...I saw those tiny, precious brushes.  I called to Andy to come and see what I had found.  Thank you God  I said.
And on goes my song of praise....thanking God for always listening to my prayers.  And answering them...in His time...and in His way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment