Sunday, August 14, 2016

Million Dollar View

I have been fortunate in my travels to see many beautiful and awe inspiring places.  From the rocky shores of Maine to the tide pools of the Pacific Ocean.  From mountain peaks in New Hampshire to higher peaks in Colorado.  I have seen the Grand Canyon.  I have witnessed the spectacular night skies of southern Arizona, skied in Michigan through pristine snows and brilliant sunshine.  I have fished for blues off  Ocracoke Island, strolled along the shore of Catalina Island, marveled at the art work in the Met in New York City, gazed in awe at the beauty of The Pieta during its visit to the World's Fair many years ago.  I have wandered the steep trails of the Buffalo River, pitched my tent in sighing pine forests, felt the lash of the last of a hurricane on the beaches of Cape Cod.
But I come to this scene and it brings tears to my eyes.  This is a view I experience each and every night of my life now.  Just off my porch, I am so lucky to have a 180 degree view that many never experience.  Sunsets from the west.  Sunrise in the east.  Snow storms, rain storms, gentle spring, blazing summer, crisp and sparkling fall, peaceful winter when the sun graces the sloping hill with golden light.
Three years ago this month we moved to our Luna hill.  I am so glad that I insisted on not just a front and back porch, but an all-around porch.  The view never disappoints me.  It is worth more than anyone could ever pay me.  Priceless.

3 comments:

  1. thanks...it was a beautiful night...and we do have a lot of them here. so glad i am able to share them with others via my blog.

    ReplyDelete