Friday, January 1, 2021

Opening the gift

At long last we have left 2020 behind.  I could feel the sigh of relief all the way up here on the hill.  
And as we look ahead what do we see?  What do we plan to do with the next 365 days and nights?
I have a few ideas which I will share with you.
1. I will spend less time trying to solve the problems of the world.  I am a doer.  I don't like to not give my two cents worth about anything....food, politics, how to raise your children.  But I am going to rein in my "here's my advice" habit.  It will be hard, but I will try.  If you ask me for my opinion,
  I will say "What do you think?"
2.  I will spend more time outside.  Or looking outside, depending on the weather.  I live in probably the prettiest spot in Ozark County.  Yes, I am bragging.  I do concede that your place is probably just a pretty.  And I'll allow you those beautiful pictures of the lake, and the hill, and the flowers and trees.  We have so much beauty here I think it would be selfish not to share.
3.I will think of at least one thing I can do during the day that will benefit not only me, but others.  I need to get out and walk.  I need to write a letter.  I need to read a good book.  I need to do at least one thing that I have been putting off, until a better day.  Better day?  How about...today.
4. I will treat this year, this day, this hour as a gift.  There are dozens of sayings on this theme.  But that doesn't make it any less true.  Think about it.  I wake up in the morning.  I have food to eat.  I am able to take care of myself and my husband.  I can go out and enjoy myself doing things that I want to do.  What better gift than the life that lies before me?  That is my question.  I will be opening that gift for the next 365 days.  Stay tuned for my progress report.  
Happy New Year. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment