Thursday, December 19, 2013

...and good-bye....

I closed the door the final time.
But before I did I touched the lintel and said a prayer.
Dear God, keep this place safe and warm and full of love.
Let all who pass into these rooms feel welcomed and safe and free from worry and care.
Just as I have known love and laughter and endless blessing here within these walls of home, may others reap that same reward surrounded by loved ones and happy memories.
Heavenly Father, you know the pleasure and joy that has filled this house for many years.  Bring rivers and streams of blessings here so that everyone who dwells in this place may know Your Presence, not only here, but in their hearts as well.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. its hard to leave it behind, but so exciting to be starting a whole new adventure! my adventure is going on ten years old now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I finally said good-bye. Letting go is not so hard when you are going to something you love as much as I love this place. Home is where the heart is...indeed.

    ReplyDelete