Friday, December 6, 2013

First Snow

The weatherman was right-on the other day when he issued a winter storm warning.  We rushed around and got prepared for ice, snow and freezing temperatures.  It seems early in the season for us to have snow, but it has happened before.
I am always amazed at the tons of people who flood the supermarkets and stores when bad weather is forecast.  When I lived in town I was also amazed to see those very same people who had cleared the dairy case out of milk and decimated the bread in the bread aisle back the very next day to shop some more.
I was feeling so smug this morning when I went to get the brown sugar for my oatmeal.  When I reached for the familiar plastic bag my heart did a little flip-flop.  Yes, you guessed it.  I had enough for my oatmeal...and for a few more oatmeals, but not enough for cookie baking and muffins.  I wrote it down on my grocery list.  Brown sugar.  And made a vow to check the cupboards carefully before I make another trip into town. But....I am not going tomorrow.  At least I don't plan on it!

2 comments:

  1. look at all that snow!!! we haven't gotten but a smidge. hoping for some on monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a foot in some places. Staying in....single digits out there...brrr....

    ReplyDelete