Saturday, August 8, 2015

Sidekick


.
My new best friend is shy.  She doesn't enjoy having her picture taken.  She is gray, kind of blocky, and moves on wheels and slides.  My new best friend is my sidekick.  A walker.  And I would be lost without her.  
Recovering from total hip replacement is no stroll in the park, let me tell you.  I know that it is easier than knee replacement.  The recovery time is quicker.  The pain is less.  Oh really, the pain is less?   I guess so.  If you could rate your pain from 1 to 10, Mrs. Elder, what would it be?  How about 8 going on 800!!!!  Give me some relief.
Truly, I am doing fine.  I have had lots of phone calls, cards, food, visits from friends.  Everyone is so helpful.  And for them and their concern I am grateful.  I can't thank them enough.
But me and the Sidekick are in it for the long haul.  I have started physical therapy.  I do my home exercises everyday.  I walk.  And walk.  And walk some more.  Me and the Sidekick.   We have become friends.  Very good friends.  Couldn't make it without her.  

2 comments:

  1. ohhh, prayers for less pain and for a complete recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Quite an experience. One I could have happily lived without. The good news is that I can look forward to less pain...and more movement. All is well.

      Delete