Thursday, October 13, 2016

Anywhere but here....

This is a famous signpost in Maine.  And, yes, all of those towns are in Maine.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could just close
 your eyes, snap your fingers, and go anywhere...anywhere but here?
Don't get me wrong.  I am not about to abandon my cherished home here on the hill.  But there are those odd moments when I feel as if the world is just getting a little too close for comfort.
You know what I'm talking about.  No one can escape the constant news feeds, last updates, latest findings.  Too much.  Just way too much information.
While it is important for us to keep up with the news, why does it have to bombard us everytime we turn on the radio, fire up the computer, look on our phone?  Enough.  I've had enough.  
I don't know what the solution is.  Grit my teeth and bear it all for the time being.  But will it stop in a few weeks...or a month?  Or will we be constantly harassed by this encroachment on our peace and quiet.  I don't know about you, but my peace and quiet was bought at a price.  And I will not give it up without a fight. 
Hard to fight the unknown.  Because I don't have a clue as to why or when or how this need-to-know suddenly became the be all and end all of our existence.
I'll try it again.  Close my eyes, snap my fingers...and maybe, just maybe this time, it will go away.  If not, so be it.  We will survive.  Because I know that if I was anywhere but here, it would probably be the same.  


2 comments:

  1. if i go by that sign i have been all over the world! ha!
    i also am tired of the constant news, but i think i'm getting through to jeff about how anxious it makes me and he is watching less. i just want to sit in the woods and think, pray, and praise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I am so late in answering your comment! yes...I am tired of it too. Thankfully we both live in a place where we can get away from the world...at least for a little while. Trying not to be anxious...trusting God. Praying. And thankful for the life He has allowed me to live.

    ReplyDelete