Saturday, October 15, 2016

Still standing...

I took my camera with me on my morning walk, hoping to catch the last remnants of fall flowers along the road.  They were few and far between.  Many had suffered from the rains of the last several days.  And, face it, it is the end of the blooming season for most wild flowers.  Some are hardier than others and you can see them peeping bravely through the underbrush..sometimes up until mid-December.
These little brown-eyed Susans have always been one of my favorites.  This particular flower has suffered several munches and bites from a hungry insect, perched like the one you  see on its seed head.  After all, bugs have to eat too.  And flowers and trees and shrubs are fair game.
But still the flower stands.  I can hear the rain coming.  The wind is blowing hard from the east.  No flinching from the brown-eyed Susan.  She is there, sun or clouds, wind or calm, hot or cold.  
Perfect metaphor for life in general.  Take what comes.  Brave the elements.  And keep on standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment