Sunday, June 8, 2014

Angel

If you look very closely you will see a figure in the clouds of this sunset.  I remember Andy calling to me a few evenings ago.  Come quick and bring your camera...catch this perfect sunset. And so I did.  I dutifully checked the setting and aimed and clicked. 
The next day I was downloading the pictures from the camera.  When I came to these, I looked ...... and looked again.  What was that I saw?  A face...there in the clouds...looking down, gazing below.  An angel...the perfect profile of a heavenly figure.
Now, don't be too quick to consign me to the ranks of those who 'think' or 'know' that they understand what they see when they find something like this.  I am first to wonder, and question, Are you sure?  Looks like an ordinary tree or shadow or passing rainstorm cloud to me!  Call me a skeptic.  For that is what I am.  Or usually.....
But this was a straight-in-your-face scene.  How could I have missed it?...this figure bending down and looking over my favorite hills.
Rumor has it that a protective power is present in this area.  A benevolent spirit dwells in these parts.  Was this a visual sign sent to me?  Doubter that I am, I wondered.
And then, yesterday, I found out that one of my dear friends had passed away the night of the sunset.  And then I understood.  I see the face in the cloud.  I see an angel looking down in love...in tenderness.....bidding her earthly home good-bye. 
Love and peace to this angel gone ahead.
I love you Doris.  God Speed.  And we will meet again.

2 comments:

  1. i see it! sorry for your losing a friend here on earth, happy that you will one day be with them forever! beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. She was 93 and had lost her husband of 70plus years over a year ago. She was ready to see him.....but we miss them both.

    ReplyDelete